Thursday, August 9, 2007

For More Information, Please Contact...

Star fruit we picked from a tree on the new property this morning

Recently I was chatting with a friend of mine who is going to graduate school in Sweden. We haven’t talked in a long time and so we covered a lot of ground very quickly about what has gone on in our lives since we met in Africa four years ago.

On the surface, there are not many places more different than Nicaragua and Sweden, but I was reminded during our conversation how many similarities there are for everyone going through the ex-patriatian process.

The intensity of culture shock varies from person to person, but I figured if you came to visit me here to listen to my experience, you may want to hear about others as well.

So I’ve compiled a list of blogs that somehow relate to this experience so you can explore the edges of our world in the most comfortable way, from your chair!

I owe a debt of gratitude to Our Man in Granada and Nicaragua y su blog since they did much of the compiling for the ‘Other Nica Blogs’ section already. There is a small section of ‘Other NPH Volunteers’ that I hope will be growing and I’ve also added more links to the Friends and Family section which is both blogs and websites.

Happy Linking!

Flower on the new property this morning

No comments: