Monday, August 3, 2009

August Fields

August Fields

It's amazing how the summer has flown by! It feels like it was just a month and half ago I was posting pictures of snow. Oh wait, that was a month and a half ago!

The fields are drying out to golden now as we begin August. Rain is more sparse even though it may come with more noise.

The year is passing in a familiar way.

Often in Nicaragua I would become seasonally disoriented. It would take a moment or two to remember what month I was in because the countryside lacked all familiar indications of time of year.

But here, I am intrinsically accustomed to the subtle changes.

The fawns are becoming more bold. I startled one on the road this morning. It's butt was towards me as it was playing and it wasn't until it's friend started running away that it turned, jumped (literally four hoofs off the pavement an inch) and scampered away. I was pretty much stopped a few feet away by that time.

The creek I cross every morning and afternoon shows more rocks above it's surface.

I don't worry about rain on construction days because even if there's a sprinkle, it won't last more than an hour or so.

They're lovely days while they last!

July 25 094

No comments: