Friday, May 8, 2009

How Do You Know You're in Wyoming Part 2

Pheasant on the Side of the Road
Just a pheasant, just standing in someone's lawn.

Wildlife is not just an occasional, but constant, varied and sometimes worrying part of my daily commute.

I'm not quite sure what to do if I ever accidentally kill the wild turkey who insists on coming towards the truck because I am apparently threatening his harem by trying to drive on the road.

Deer Flight

The whitetail was happily eating in someone's yard when I stopped to take a picture. He took off when I rolled down the window, but stopped running and started eating again once I started driving again.

1 comment:

Wim said...

Evidently, the deer know the drill. Not only does it give the feeling of getting closer, bu in Wyoming, I'll bet hunters sometimes shoot from their truck windows. In hunting season of course.