Friday, April 24, 2009

Adjusting Again

NPH Nicaragua New Property

It's still hard to believe I'm not going back.

Almost two months after I left Nicaragua, even though I felt very ready to move on, I find myself looking back.

I suppose it's a natural process to reflect on those two years, moments gathered together in a catagory because they happened in the same geographic region.

I'm still not quite sure what to say when asked where I'm from. Saying I'm from that little third world country seems rather presumptuous that Nicaragua would want to consider me one of their own.

But I'm not from anywhere in the US in particular anymore either. I'm headed toward Wyoming, but I'm not there yet and it's going to be temporary too.

So I suppose I'm still between countries. Never quite belonging to one, but not fully adjusted to the other either.

How long does it take to belong?

No comments: