Monday, June 18, 2007

Purgatory or Hell?

I had a meeting with Fetesa last week, the largest hardware and construction material supplier in Nicaragua. It went well, although I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched NPH promotional videos now, and even though I don’t understand it, I just about have the Spanish one memorized.

Many of our meetings at this stage are about the same. We (or really Raul or Wladimir) talk about NPH, what it is, what it does. Then we talk about what we need them to do. They tell us they can’t do it for free, we say we know and then the meeting moves to promises of what will happen next, ending with much general chitchat.

I realized after the meeting, however, that we may have unknowingly entered the most terrible place in the world. Even though it was about lunch time, this is what the clock across from the receptionists’ desk showed:

A place where it's always 3 minutes to 5 o'clock

No comments: