Monday, February 22, 2010

Next Step (Again)

The Pacific Crest Trail Nat'l Geo Book
The Pacific Crest Trail (Cover) - By William R Gray, National Geographic Society

Once again, I'm coming to an ending. I still have several weeks here in Wyoming, but I have begun that process of preparing a place to land.

Or I should say, preparing an idea. Because that's what the Pacific Crest Trail is. It's an idea that encompasses geographies, ecologies, cultures and time.

Reaching out to both the Mexican border in California and the Canadian border in Washington, the PCT is 2,650 miles in length, 13,013 ft in elevation difference (not including many ups and downs in between) and six ecological zones (of seven that exist in the world).

I'll be taking that next step from Campo, California on April 22nd. And then I'll take another step, and then another. I'm not yet sure how far all the steps I'm taking will go. But I'll be sure to let you know here.

No comments: